Groups and Workshops
Wednesdays, Weekly NVC Gatherings – 6:30 – 8:30pm PST. Contact Gail for Zoom link.
Suggested donation: $12 – $20 (or what works for you)
Tuesday Nonviolent Communication Practice Group – temporarily postponed
Tuesdays, 2nd Tuesday of each month, 7:00 – 9:00pm, Santa Monica
Suggested donation: $15 – $20 (or what works for you)
All are welcome!
Speaking Peace with NVC – Monthly Saturday Morning Workshops
Next workshops Nov 13, 2021 & Dec 11, 2021; 10am – noon PST, on Zoom Suggested contribution: $15 – 20 sliding scale
Please contact me for information about Santa Monica and Pasadena venues and all other questions.
About Practice Groups and Workshops
The practice groups and workshops focus on the exploration of the principles and methods of “Nonviolent Communication”, also known as “Compassionate Communication”. In these sessions you will experience a framework and set of skills to address challenges and differences, from the most intimate human relationships to business, institutional and global political conflicts. NVC can help prevent conflicts as well as peacefully resolve them. The NVC process enables us to clarify our motives and intentions and to hear what others say (no matter what they say). We then engage in an empowering conversation which results in creative and satisfying solutions for all involved.
Some NVC skills include:
- Understanding the motives and intentions behind our words and actions
- Expressing what you want using language which promotes mutual understanding
- Saying “no” while maintaining a relationship of connection
- Giving feedback that can be received and result in positive change
- Expressing anger with dignity and care for ourselves and others
- Expressing appreciation vs. giving a compliment
- And much more…
Please contact me if you wish to attend a Practice Group or to arrange a workshop in your business,
organization or among neighbors and friends.